Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cultured Moms Favorite Things-Garmin Nuvi




Since I just got back from a LONG trip I thought I would share one of my favorite things. This is THE BEST! For those of us that are directionally challenged you will love it. If you are one of those people that say turn left or right but can never say north or south you might need one. If you are one of those people that get lost often you might need one. However, even if you are pretty good with directions you may STILL want to get one of these. They are especially great on long trips.

In addition, to having a woman with a British accent telling you where to go all the time it will also give you the destination time. You can put in your address and it will tell you what time you will get there. Of course, it doesn't add minutes for stopping for gas or food. However, each time you start driving it will change your destination time according to how long you stopped.

This works with satellites.

As you can see you can enter an address, and intersection, or points of interest. Points of interest will show you were the fast food places are and exactly how close they are to your current location. For example, when we went on our trip Hannah wanted to be sure we stopped at Dairy Queen in MO. She searched on this and the Garmin Nuvi told her how many miles and which direction they were. If we clicked on one of them it would have set is as a destination and driven us right to it. Way cool! You can also find ATM machines, hospitals, and LOTS more.

There is so much I could say about this. However, I suggest that you go to the Garmin website where you can get more information in a more technically savvy way. I just can't sound that good since I don't know all the lingo. ;-) From one Mom to another I highly recommend this. My hubby surprised me with this for my birthday. I would have NEVER bought it for myself. It has saved me so much time and frustration so it was well worth it.


No comments: