Friday, March 6, 2009

Scent Of A (Young) Woman

Image Source


I read an interesting article today that I just had to share. The article claimed that there is a research company that shows that there are certain scents that remind people of youth. Scents that would make you seem younger.


37 people looked at models while they sniffed. The males then guessed the models to be 3-8 years younger.


A study done by the perfume company said that citrus fragrances, like mango, grapefruit & pomegranate smelled young and jasmine & musk smelled modern. This is according to 15 men. There is a perfume called Ageless Fantasy that combines all of these scents for only $120 a bottle. Talk about buying youth! Youth in a bottle! Amazing!

On a side note, I think my husband would have chosen 'pie' as the youthful fragrance.


Another study was done with 22 people. It showed that women over 40 produce twice the amount of pheromone noneal that is an odor associated with older age. There is some truth to someone that smells like an old person I guess.


This company is claiming that "young" scents are needed to neutralize this. "This" would be meaning "old people smell" I guess.

I am sure that it is true that certain smells are associated with youth. However, the bottle of pomegranate juice in my refrigerator dabbed behind my ears would be a lot cheaper than this perfume.


If you want to try the experiment for yourself they said that some similar scent combos are Pacifica solid perfume ($9) and Ed Hardy fragrance ($39.99), or this soy candle ($13.95).


Or you can be like me and just dab a little pomegranate juice (maybe add a little pie too) behind your ears. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is interesting, but I'm with you, I'll just dab on what I've got here. :)

Shannon