Friday, March 14, 2008

Just Grow Up!

When looking at society, I can't tell you how many times I have had that thought. "Just Grow Up"! Often, the word selfish comes to my mind too. Then I realize selfishness and immaturity (non-adult like) really do go hand in hand. Now I have read some things that make me realize the reason behind my thoughts. My comments are in red.

Did you know:

~More adults, ages eighteen to forty-nine, watch the Cartoon Network than watch CNN. I have never understood the appeal of cartoons for adults.

~The average video gamester was eighteen in 1990; now he's going on thirty. No way!

~The National Academy of Sciences has redefined adolescence as the period extending from the onset of puberty, around twelve, to age thirty. You have got to be kidding me! So 10 years later they go through their "mid-life crisis"?

~In Italy, nearly one in three thirty-somethings have still not left home. Did I mention, GROW UP! I suppose this explains the society that tolerates and is entertained by the Brittany Spears, Lindsay Lohan, and Paris Hilton's.


I found this picture here.

Just in case you are one of those that thinks you have plenty of time to grow up talk to a real adult about how time flies. You can also watch this video.

No comments: