Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote Today & A New King?

Image Source
The big day is finally here. Can you believe it? It will be over soon....one way or another.

I told my husband that I would like to go on vacation until it is over. Of course, that would be AFTER I vote. Then I want to go on a vacation where I don't hear anything about the election. I don't want to deal with the emotional roller coaster! Just give me the bottom line at the end. Just tell me who won and how close it was. That's it! I don't need a minute by minute analysis or that kind of stress in my life.
However, I am sure my curiosity is going to get the best of me. :-(

Don't forget to vote today and vote early. To get an idea of how my readers are doing, please leave a comment below after you have voted. Spread the word that you are voting!


A lot of places around here are giving away free things (coffee, chicken, donuts) if you wear your "I Voted" sticker.

I was reading my friend's blog today. Part of something she had on there really jumped out at me. The whole post is excellent but this part really stopped me in my tracks. This is part of a post regarding a black mans attitude toward Obama and why he will NOT vote for him. I am sure you will find it very interesting.



You will find her post here

In the past when the Lord brought someone with the
beliefs of Obama to lead a nation it meant one thing - judgment.

Read 1 Samuel 8 when Israel asked for a king.
First God says in 1 Samuel 1:9 “
Now listen to
them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over
them will do.”

Then God says

1 Samuel 1:18 ” When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have
chosen
, and the LORD will not answer you in that day.”




19 But the people refused to listen to
Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us.




20 Then we will be like all the other
nations
, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our
battles.”




21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he
repeated it before the LORD.




22 The LORD answered, “Listen to them and give
them a king
.”





In America, I see this king as "The King of Change" Of course, he would also be the King of Change at any cost? That is what amazes me. A lot of people have to be going against their very core beliefs and values to vote for this man. They are willing to put aside their morals on the hope of change.
What kind of change though?
That is the frightening part.

Now, hurry up and go vote!



No comments: