Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cultured Moms Favorite Things -Edu-Track


Time to share one of my favorite things.

I have had Edu-Track Record Keeping System for SEVERAL years! We purchased it at a homeschool convention. I don't think you need to use a lot of it until you have middle schoolers on up but you certainly can if you like. You can learn more about it here.


It is an awesome program. This applies mostly to homeschool families. However, it has something on it for chores and other things that might be useful to other families as well. I personally think every homeschool family should have this program or one like it.


Another one I have heard about many times is Homeschool Tracker. I suspect both programs are good but of course I only have experience with Edu-Track. I would advise that you have one of them. They are very useful. I can track all the school things the children do, it helps enter grades and keep track of them, tracks attendance, tracks hours, plans lessons, prints report cards, it tracks book logs, & field trips. You can print out awards, certificates, & diplomas. It has an electronic filing cabinet for you to store information in. You can make and print out chore charts (with or without pictures) and much, much, more. My favorite thing about it is that in the end it will be easy to print out a transcript for my girls. I am able to print one out now just with what my oldest has done so far.

Here is something exciting. While looking around their website I discovered you can purchase lesson plans from them for the curriculum you are using. For example, now that my oldest daughter has finished Apologia Biology I found lesson plans for it. It looks really neat. You can check that out here. The list is pretty big. I may be using this for my younger daughter.

Here is an area where the two programs are being discussed. I have only used the one program but I know many that have used the other one. The other one has a free version and then you can also upgrade for a fee. I think the free version has a lot though. I suspect many Moms will want to upgrade at some point.

In case you are interested in Home School Tracker, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.