Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cultured Moms Favorite Things-Mineral Makeup

Image Source
I have found many things that really are great products. Often, I wish I could tell my friends and family about them. They don't always come up in conversation so I thought posting them here would be fun. I have thought of several things that I would like to share.

Today I want to share about a great product for women!

( Although these things work for me I do realize it is possible they won't work for everyone. I am going to share anyway and hope that it will help you as well.)

#1 on my list right now is my new make-up/foundation. It took me a while but I have finally jumped on the Mineral Foundation band wagon. I have been using Revlon's for a while and have been very happy with it. However, I started doing some research and found a mineral foundation product that has only 4 ingredients AND it is affordable! Who knew? I remember watching those Bare Escentuals Mineral makeup commercials many years ago and wishing I could afford it. No way, wasn't going to happen. When I did my research I discovered people are comparing my new Everyday Minerals make up to Bare Escentuals Makeup...only cheaper.


What is really neat is that you can get a sample kit. It lets YOU choose 3 foundations to try as well as 2 other products. They are small samples but I have been using mine for SEVERAL days now. It says they last 3-6 days but I think it is longer. You can chose matte, semi-matte, intensive and original-glo. I think this is especially good for people with oily or combination skin. However, I believe this would work well for all skin types. I feel like my skin looks so much better. I purchased a concealer but the makeup is so good I don't always need it. I have done little experiments on myself. I put the foundation on half my face (without the concealer) just to compare. It was very obvious what side had make up. It was also very obvious my skin looked great! If I had the nerve I would show you the results. Hmmm, will have to think about that.

I discovered that there is even a Mineral Makeup Blog. Imagine that, an entire blog devoted to mineral makeup? That is an indication that a lot of people are really happy with mineral makeup. I enjoyed the post entitled Because of Mineral Makeup I.... and I found several tips on the Best of

While doing a bit of research regarding mineral make-up I found this excellent idea.

So as you can tell I am sold on mineral makeup and totally delighted with Everyday Minerals! if you decide to try it be sure to come back and leave a comment.
PS. I am adding to this post because I found something else. After hearing about Joppa from a faithful viewer of my blog (hey, why aren't the rest of you posting comments?) and doing some research I have to mention them. From the reviews that I have read it sounds like a really good product. I ordered THEIR sample/starter kit.
You get 6 things for 1 penny (and shipping of course).
2 - Foundations (Your Choice)
1 - Finishing Silk (Your Choice)
2 - Blush/Bronzers (Your Choice)
1 - Concealer (Your Choice)
It says it is for a limited time only.
You can also add other samples for .75 each. I ordered the kit above and 3 eye shadows. My total was 6.86. If the samples are like what I got from Everyday Minerals they will last a while. The eyeshadow looks like it will last a REALLY long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never tried any of these products and at my age I haven't used foundation or powder in probably 10 years. I want to try it. I went to the Joppa site and odered the 6 product sample for 1 cent. I even ordered a couple of sample eye shadows. All with shipping for about 6.00. Not bad. I'll keep you posted.

Our Family said...

That is amazing that you haven't used foundation or powder for 10 years. Your skin looks great so I had no idea until you told me. The prices at Joppa look pretty good but are still a bit more than Everyday Minerals. Of course, I am also partial to them because I have been so pleased. You will have to let us know what you think. $6 is certainly a great deal! ~Kim