Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cultured Moms Favorite Things-Book

Image Source

Afer posting this I was concerned that someone might think I am "diss'in" the older women. That is far from the truth. Just in case you are wondering what kind of value I put on older women and their importance in our life, be sure to read an earlier post, by clicking here. The older women are a blessing and we need them to mentor and share with the rest of the world. As women we are all going to be "older women" one day. I just want to look as good as I can while becoming that. :-)
Read a great book called, "How Not To Look Old" by Charla Krupp. I would suggest it for anyone over 35 and especially over 40. It had some great tips and advice. It also had a lot of product suggestions. Now, my word of advice. I don't think everyone should do everything in this book. For example, she talks about fake nails not being youthful. Well that is too bad. (I really do disagree!) My husband loves them and it is more important to me to please my husband. You can go to an extreme with this book I am sure. Do not do that. Pick and choose. I think being happy is a lot more important than trying too hard to look younger than we are. Having said that I looked at the review on Amazon for this book. It seems that most people like the book but a few don't. I understand why they don't. We can't all look like the over 40 celebrities unless we make the cash that those celebrities make, have a staff to make us look beautiful, and people to work on our photographs. Most of us don't. Also, unless you are willing to go under the knife it is just not going to happen. We all grow old and we have to accept that. It is unreasonable to think we are going to look young forever. Having said that....I am not in a big hurry. :-) There are some easy things we can do to look and feel younger and to look our best though. I am always up for a bit of self-improvement in any area. How about you?

So, I DO suggest that you get this book and read it. (Your library probably has it.) Learn a few things and then adapt what you want.

While I was at Amazon I noticed another book that was recommended. It is called "Staging Your Comeback: A Complete Beauty Revival For Women Over 45". I am getting that one from the library too so I will let you know what I think of it later. If you get to it before me leave me a comment with what you thought.

Now for a laugh.....

GAMES FOR WHEN WE ARE OLDER

1. Sag, you're It.

2. Hide and go pee.

3. 20 questions shouted into your good ear.

4. Kick the bucket

5. Red Rover, Red Rover, the nurse says Bend Over.

6. Musical recliners.

7. Simon says something incoherent.

8. Pin the Toupee on the bald guy



SIGNS OF MENOPAUSE

1. You sell your home heating system at a yard sale.

2. You have to write post-it notes with your kids' names on them.

3. You change your underwear after a sneeze.



OLD IS WHEN:

1. Going bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.

2. You don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.

3. Getting a little action means I don't need fiber today.

4. Getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.

5. An all-nighter means not getting up to pee!


But Most of All, Remember. . .

A Good Friend Is Like A Good Bra: Hard to Find, Supportive, Comfortable, And Always Close To Your Heart!

No comments: