Thursday, August 7, 2008

What Are You Doing To Save The Planet?

I just had to share this poster with you. It really made me smile. It also reminded me of something.
The other day I opened an email from a company I will not name (it really could be any of them) and it had a little poll on the side. The question was,"What are you doing to save the planet"? Hmm, the options didn't fit me and I was hoping to add one. After these options...."recycling" "driving less", etc. I wanted to add "I had 2 children to replace me and my hubby when we are gone!" Oops, I suppose that will not please the environmentalists. That is more like saving humanity instead of the planet. But still it is an 18 year + commitment. And on top of that I am raising them NOT be self hating and ignorant.
I am so tired of everyone going "green". It really is becoming so PC and nauseating. How much more can a person take? Can't people see there is a money trail in all of this? Follow the money. This has all been a huge money maker for a lot of people. When we go "green" by not driving as much we are hurting the "evil oil companies". What about the "evil mortgage companies" that are being saved by the government with our money? I say that insurance companies and credit card companies are much worse. You are just a number to them. They don't care about us. They are all about making money....just like the oil companies. Is anyone impressed with the green logos any more? My favorite dish washing soap went green recently. My daughter wanted me to protest by not even buying it. Golly, gee whiz, I have to clean my dishes and the rest of them are competing too.
That green label means nothing more to us than the company is trying to give us the illusion that they "care more than the other company". Hey, I wish they would care more about teaching their teens to dress modestly instead of worrying about their green label. I wish they would be caring about what kind of stuff they are sponsoring on TV rather than giving us a "green" logo-hello- rebellion, promiscuity, drugs, etc. I wish they would be less concerned about making a car that runs on corn and realize we need to eat that stuff and not burn it up! I wish they would save the HUMANS on the planet by worrying less about the life of owls and whales and put some concern into HUMAN babies being killed in their mothers wombs.
Genesis 2
15And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
19And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field...
Kind of gives you the impression that it was God's intention to put Adam (man kind) in charge and to rule over the animals.
Not the other way around.
The animals and the planet are here for us.
Not the other way around.
We are pretty proud when we think that this entire planet that God made is too wimpy to support humanity. Did God not see into the future when HE created this world? On the flip side, nobody promised THIS earth would last forever. Nobody promised every type of animal, bug, and fungus would last forever. There is a time for all things. When HE says the time is over, it is over. We are not in charge of that.
I am off now. I am going to get in my gas guzzling Taurus, drive all the way to the grocery store, and see how much food prices have gone up for today. Hey, people it has been over 100 degrees here so don't even think I am riding my bike! Save the planet? Save me from heat exhaustion! If I get mad enough I just might go chop down a tree. Hey, I just remembered something my husband now has a chain saw.
That will make things easier.
Have a great day!
Also, check out evilconservatives.com
Yes, it is loaded with sarcasm but makes a point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! Great post!