Saturday, August 9, 2008

Secret To A Happy Marriage?

Image Source
Psst, want to hear a secret?

Will Smith and I agree on something 100%. Can you imagine what a Hollywood celebrity and an Oklahoma housewife/Mom agree on? The secret to a happy marriage is....
are you ready...here it is....

RULE OUT DIVORCE!

So true. If you don't believe it about Will and I, just click here for the proof.

More importantly, on day one my husband and I agreed on this as well. (We have seen the damage caused by divorce. We know the heart ache and the suffering that adults do and that children have to endure.) If you know that divorce is not an option you realize it is up to YOU to be happy. You can't afford to sit around wondering when he (or she) is going to make you happy. You either make it work and be happy together or don't make it work and be miserable together. I for one prefer to be happy.

Also, the link above here mentions couples that throw around the word "divorce" when they are angry (and sometimes just kidding). My husband and I believe that is a big mistake. I used to know a couple and he would tell her if, for example there wasn't any more ice cream that it was "grounds for divorce". He did this often in front of me. Guess what? They eventually divorced. Your words are powerful. The Bible says, 'out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks' Matt. 12:34.

How true! Don't think it, don't say it, and don't divorce.

Here is a bonus for you wives or 'some day wives' out there. Check out this link on ways to show your husband that you love him. If you are the husband check out this link regarding your wives.

No comments: